This past weekend we had lots of visitors. On Friday night my Mom and Dad came up all the way from St. Louis along with Andee, Brady and Kambree from KC. Nate went down to my G-parent’s house to meet Derek and built a hunting shed on Friday/Saturday morning but was back in Des Moines for some family time on Saturday evening.
As for the rest of us - Saturday morning, Andee and I ran the Dam to Dam 5k in downtown Des Moines. There were thousands of people there for various races and the farmer’s market - it was pretty crazy but a lot of fun taking it all in. And, I’m happy to say that I completed the race without walking. Since I am anything but a distance runner, this was a pretty big accomplishment for me!
The rest of the weekend we just hung out, shopping some and hanging out on the deck enjoying the nice weather. We love having visitors, especially when it gives us an opportunity to get the family together! We missed you Megan and Derek!
Here are some pictures from the weekend, and a video of Kambree crawling.
![]() |
| Before the race |
![]() |
| After the race |
![]() |
| Brady's new toy |
![]() |
| Uncle "Mick" helping B play his "school song" (he's not in school yet) |
![]() |
| Uncle "Mick" playing a "loud one" for B |





No comments:
Post a Comment