Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Fishing & Camping

Saturday we went down to Gallatin for the long weekend. We had a fish fry/crawfish boil on Saturday night with some friends. There was a big turnout and and even larger spread of food - nobody went hungry. And, surprisingly, crawfish aren’t bad...I think they are a little too much work to peel for the amount of meat that you get (thanks for peeling mine Nate), but not bad tasting.
Sunday the whole Henderson family went to a family friend’s farm in Cainsville, MO for a fishing/camping trip. The weather turned out being beautiful - we roasted hotdogs and marshmallows for dinner and then fished all evening. Everyone caught at least one fish and most of us caught multiple - all big ones which made it even better! It was great to have some quality family time!
At about 10pm, after all the fish were cleaned, the girls opted to sleep in beds and headed back to Gallatin while the boys spent the night at the farm. Emma decided to stay at Grandma’s and have a slumber party with me. I had heard that she’s not the easiest person to bunk up with, but I’m a sucker for that cute little face. Now, the day after, I realize what everyone was talking about. It’s amazing how such a tiny person can take up an entire bed. :)

On a separate note - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM (yesterday)! Hope you had fun in Hermann and at the Cardinals game! Love you!!

Beautiful view 
The fish Emma and I caught together

Our 36 fish
Cole
Grandpa, Cole & Emma 
The boys (and Emma) with Grandpa Jerry
The girls (and Cole) with Grandpa Jerry 
The boys cleaning fish

No comments: