Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sister Trip to the Lake

This weekend my sisters and I went down to the Ozarks for our annual girl’s weekend. It was only our second trip but we’ve had such a great time the past two years that I think we’ve found a new tradition. 
On Friday morning we got up and drove down to the lake. Our first stop - the outlet mall! The rainy/cloudy weather made it a perfect day to shop - plus, it wasn’t crowded so that made it even better. After hours of shopping (aka - heaven), we went and checked into the hotel and freshen up for dinner. We decided to go to Shady Gator because it was close to the hotel - we soon found out there was no need to freshen up. There were definitely some interesting characters out on Friday night but we had a good time, and when we were tired of the weirdos we kept running into, we called it a night.
We spent Saturday morning at the spa taking advantage of the fabulous amenities - indoor/outdoor pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpool - before our appointments. It was relaxing and amazing, and I could definitely handle more days like that! After lunch we spent the afternoon at the pool. We ended the perfect day with dinner at H Toad. 
It was so much fun to get away with my sisters! I am so grateful for the relationship we all have and the luxury of having them within driving distance.
While I was away, Nate also had big plans - “relaxing without having his wife drag him around running errands and doing house projects.” I have no idea what his is talking about! ;)

Megan & Andee @ Shady Gator 
Me & Megan @ Shady Gator
Our view at H Toad
Sisters @ H Toad
An ideal day!

No comments: