Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Baby H #2

Baby H is still cookin'...for a few more weeks. Since my last update we have scheduled our c-section - baby will be evicted on July 30, unless he decides to make an appearance before! We are also finishing up the nursery...we just have to hang stuff on the wall and get the rocker upstairs. I'm loving how everything turned out. Nate made a shelf and some arrows for me which are two of my very favorite things about the baby's room! We have also landed on a name...something I don't know if Nate or I ever thought would happen. It came about in a very similar way that Graham's name did. We had tossed around tons of ideas and couldn't agree on anything...then, we finally landed on the one that wasn't at the top of either of our lists, but was the only one we both liked. Who knew that choosing a name could be so difficult!

Now that I'm at 33 weeks, my doctors appointments have become more frequent. I was thinking that my weekly non-stress tests would start at 32 weeks, however, I was mistaken. Instead, my bi-weekly (as in twice a week) non-stress tests started at 32 weeks. That's right...I am down making a trip to the hospital twice a week to monitor the baby's heart rate. At our 32 week appoint (last week), we had the NST, sonogram and check-up scheduled. We started with the NST and baby was just not cooperating...we weren't able to get the necessary readings so, aside from the growth measurements that were planned during the sonogram, baby had to pass a series of tests in a 30-minute period. If he didn't, I'd be sent to the birthing center for longer-term monitoring. Thankfully, in the 27th minute, baby finally completed all the necessary tasks to pass, allowing us to head home after we met with the doctor. Whew! It was a long appointment but I'm glad the outcome was positive...and that I had Nate there to keep me company! :)

This week, I've had one of my two NSTs - which the baby passed in lighting speed (at least compared to last week)! I was able get to the hospital for my afternoon appointment and swing by the chiropractor to adjust my neck/back before heading back to the office for the final hour of the day. Thankfully the chiropractor has been able to help me when my pregnant posture gets my spine out of whack.

Besides my occasional back and neck pain, I've still been feeling good for the most part. I'm tired (expected)...and hot most of the time (also expected)...but I wouldn't say I'm miserable. As long as I take it easy and don't over-exert myself, I'm good! Now, let's hope it stays that way for the next 43 days!





No comments: