Sunday, March 18, 2012

Waiting on Baby H

We've had a pretty mellow couple of weeks. Our weekends have consisted of sleeping in, running errands, doing small projects around the house and taking naps...it's been pretty amazing! Even though we haven't been going out and doing a lot, don't think we're not still having fun - check out a couple activities that have been keeping us entertained while we wait on our newest roommate.

Nate has some very impressive balancing skills. Once he mastered sitting on the ball (with no hands or feet) and balancing on his knees...he attempted to stand. While he can't hold this position very long, he can definitely make it to his feet. Luckily he doesn't attempt this too often - after a minor wipeout (Nate and the floor are fine), I get a little nervous! :) Impressive, nonetheless!

Spring equinox egg trick - with all the internet buzz, we had to try it for ourselves. We haven't attempted to stand up the broom but here's the standing egg:

St. Patrick's Day was also this past weekend. We thought it would be best if we took it easy and just went to dinner and rented a movie. Plus, every time I go out in public now, I get lots of stares...people obviously thinking that I'm going to give birth right in front of them. (Nate even spotted a teenage girl in the grocery store today staring at me saying, "WOOOW!" Ha!) Anyway, I couldn't let the holiday pass without...a Shamrock Shake - the perfect way for a prego to celebrate St. Patty's!!

On the baby front - everything is moving right along! For being nine months pregnant, I've been feeling pretty good...uncomfortable at times - yes, having to make frequent bathroom breaks - YES, getting tired if I do too much - yes...but, I seriously can't complain too much. I know it could be a LOT worse!

And, the doctor let me know last Wednesday that things were progressing (1.5cm dilated and 70% effaced) which was great to hear. I asked if this was pretty normal for how far along I am and he said it's a little better than normal. Yes! We have another appointment on Thursday morning where we will be scheduling our induction date for the following week. So, this week could very well be my last full week of work for the next three months (unless we win the Mega Million!)...my last full week with a baby belly (and getting stares from strangers)...our last full week as a family of two. It's pretty hard to believe that Baby H will finally be here...we cannot wait to meet him!!

2 comments:

Akerson Family said...

I loved your update!! I can't imagine the feeling of knowing that it could be the last week with just the two of you. Good luck with everything.

Jessie said...

Thanks - it's pretty surreal! And, before long you'll be having this exact same feeling! :)