Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine’s Day

Nate and I celebrated our Valentine’s Day on Saturday with dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, including red velvet cheesecake (yum!), and a movie. Dinner and a movie is our typical date but also one of our favorite things to do so it was the perfect way to spend V-day!
Today, to my surprise, I received none other than a vase of red roses. I was shocked for a few of reasons:
  1. Nate rarely gives me flowers because “they just die” and while I love the way they look and smell, I agree that they are not (always) the best way to spend hard-earned money.
  2. Red roses - something I have never received from Nate.
  3. Flowers at work - something else I have never received from Nate.
With a gasp, I immediately went for the card while saying, “I wonder if these are from my Mom.” 

Nate managed to pull off my favorite surprise - one I was not expecting!
Thank you Nate for a great V-day date, beautiful flowers and for being the best husband that a girl could ask for! Love you! (Mushy, I know...but it’s true!)



No comments: