We had a great weekend here in KC! My parents were in town
and staying at Andee and Derek’s house so we spent Friday evening there
grilling and playing outside with the kiddos. Saturday morning Nate got up
early to turkey hunt while Graham and I slept in. Since the rain cancelled
Brady and Kambree’s ball games, after lunch Graham and I met the fam at Zona
Rosa for a little shopping around while Nate mowed the lawn. That evening, Nate
and I had a party to attend for our friends, Jeff and Brittany, so Graham got
to spend the evening with Nana, Papa, Aunt Mimi, Brady and Kambree. It was nice
to have an adults evening...hopefully all the kiddos didn't wear my parents out
too much, seeing how none of them are short on energy.
We concluded the weekend with some Mother’s Day spoiling.
Sunday morning, we met the whole family for brunch at Corner Café before my
parent’s headed back to STL. Nate, Graham and I spent the afternoon relaxing
and lounging around while the rain poured outside. My boys gave me, as Graham
says, “red roooooses” that he picked out himself and a gift certificate for a
prenatal massage that I intend to schedule pronto! I also got a little “me”
time which was spent getting a pedi…super-nice considering it is getting more
and more difficult to reach my toes. J
Overall, it was a great weekend and I definitely felt the Mother’s Day love!
Being a mother is by far the most consuming, challenging,
stressful job there is, but with that comes more love, adoration and
appreciation than I ever imagined was possible. I am so truly grateful to have
this job and I count my blessings daily. When things get crazy – and I think
I've on the verge of going crazy myself – I just keep reminding myself that these
days are long but the years are short. Remembering that helps me focus on what
is really important…the wild but perfect little boy (and soon, boys) that made
me a mother!




No comments:
Post a Comment