Thursday, March 5, 2015

Our Life Right Now

I wish I had more to post about our life but with the weather being so cold, we’ve pretty much been hibernating for the last few weeks. We are definitely ready for spring around our house – we need to get outside and play. We have had a couple play dates and gotten a few things accomplished around the house though. We got a new bed frame, dresser and nightstand for Graham from Ikea – our first furniture purchase from there. We had looked at NFM but weren’t finding what we wanted, particularly in the price range we wanted to spend for a toddler’s bedroom. Enter Ikea! Now, I’m not sure the costs savings really were worth the time it took to put the furniture together (with a very “helpful” 2 year old running around) but, it does look nice.  We’ll see how long it lasts. We also put the crib together and moved the nursery furniture to the new baby’s room. Since that was the toy room, we had to transfer several things to the basement. We’ve been talking about finishing the basement so hopefully, when that happens, we’ll have a new play area to house our rapidly growing toy collection.

Complete with dino sheets
Ignore the humps on both sides of the bed...we have jumbo swim
noodles under Graham's sheets so he doesn't roll out of bed.
Hopefully we can lose those this summer and use them in the pool!

Beyond that, there isn’t a lot new to report. Nate has been traveling quite a bit for work, Graham has been his crazy self (see photos below) and I’ve been growing a human. Graham’s birthday party planning is underway as our little “superhero” (ah hem, birthday party theme) will be turning 3 in a few short weeks. We have had several birthday parties already this year and he is so excited for his turn! I’m excited for him…however, I do wish he would stop growing up so fast!

Muscle man 
My snuggle bug! This doesn't happen nearly enough.
Just your average evening with this guy.
He may have bummed this piece of cake off the b-day girl at the table next to us.

No comments: