We’ve got some big news to share…
…in a few short months, Graham will be a big brother! It’s
crazy to think about and still a little hard to believe, but we couldn’t be
more excited!
We found out on Sunday, November 23. I hadn’t felt quite
right for the couple days before – not bad, just not normal – so I took a
pregnancy test on Thursday…negative. I was in a wedding that weekend and was
just feeling off. I decided to take another test on Sunday evening and, behold…a
very faint positive. I waiting a couple more days before taking another test.
There was no question then – we were prego! I went ahead and scheduled my first
doctor’s appointment and then we began the waiting game…waiting a month before they
would see us at 8 weeks pregnant.
Our appointment finally came and we got to see our little
peanut for the first time – the most precious little bean I’ve ever seen, next
to my first born. They also completed the standard series of tests to ensure
everything looked normal. This was the stage where we had a panic-moment when I
was pregnant with Graham – when I was told that my platelets were extremely
low. Thankfully that situation turned out to be fine…and it wasn’t an issue
this time around! I have since had a 12 week appointment where everything was
normal – I pray that these normal appointments continue throughout the
pregnancy and everything is smooth sailing!

As far as symptoms go – everything have been very similar to
when I was pregnant with Graham. I can’t remember if I was as tired in the
first trimester as I was this time around but I also wasn’t chasing around a
toddler. I am now, as of today, in the second trimester so I’m hoping that my
energy starts to pick back up (and my bathroom trips slow back down :))! In
other developments, the baby bump is definitely starting to protrude…an
exciting physical reminder but a struggle when it comes to finding something to
wear while keeping the pregnancy a secret. Thankfully, the cats out of the bag
now – we told our families when we were home for Christmas, shortly after our
first doctor’s appointment. We told our close friends a few weeks later and I
informed my bosses/colleagues after my 12-week appointment. It is such a sigh
of relief when we hit the “safe(r) zone” and can finally share our excitement!
Early gender predictions - Graham is convinced that he will have a baby brother...he always says it's a baby boy. I didn't have a feeling one way or the other with Graham. This time I feel like it's another boy - strictly b/c this pregnancy has been so similar to my last...maybe even a little easier. However, that being said, my sister let me know that her two pregnancies were very similar and she had a boy and a girl. I guess we will (hopefully) know for sure at our next sonogram. I will be anxiously awaiting mid-March! :)
When I was pregnant with Graham, I took bi-weekly bump
photos. It was cool to look back and see how quickly things change when
pregnant. I wanted to do the same thing this time around but, instead of having
Nate take pictures of me, I’ve started taking selfies each week – trendy, I know!
 |
| Baby H - size of a lentil |
 |
| Baby H - size of a blueberry |
 |
| Baby H - size of a kidney bean |
 |
| Baby H - size of a grape |
 |
| Baby H - size of a prune |
 |
| Baby H - size of a fig |
 |
| Baby H - size of a lime |
 |
| Baby H - size of a pea pod |
 |
| Baby H - size of a lemon |
No comments:
Post a Comment