Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What We've Been Up To

We've had a pretty uneventful couple of weeks...but that's alright with us! Here are our days through photos.

Trying on Daddy's headlamp...in underwear, of course. 
Lazy Saturday morning...snoozing with this guy while Nate hunts.
Pizza and movie/popcorn night with Brady and Kambree.
We have been working on potty training...it's not easy, folks.
So what if Halloween is over. :)
Cold weather = time to light the pilot in the fireplace.
Good thing Nate has an awesome helper!
Last weekend was the start of gun season so Nate left on Friday to hunt for a couple days. Graham and I decided to put up the Christmas decorations. Looking back now...I wish I would have waited for Nate to be home. It started out just fine...I brought all the decorations up from the basement and assembled the tree. I stepped out on the deck for five seconds (literally) to shake off the tree skirt that was covered in glitter...I turn around to open the door it was LOCKED! On the other side of the door...my two-year old. He somehow locked both the deadbolt and handle locks and left me standing outside, in the dark, with no shoes or coat, in freezing temperatures. I tried to remain calm and talk Graham through how to unlock the door. He got the deadbolt but could not figure out the handle. After about 10 minutes, I began to panic a little thinking I was either going to have to break the window or jump over the side of the deck...neither an appealing option. So I did the only thing I could think of as a second-to-last resort...I started yelling "help." I know, I know...ridiculous! After a couple minutes of that, with no response, I tried talking Graham through unlocking the door again, without success...he just kept telling me to use a key. I know, buddy...if I had a key I would use it. I yelled for help and few more times and, thank the Lord above, my next door neighbor came to my rescue. She came through the garage and unlocked the door for me...and that was how we met for the first time. Extremely embarrassing experience but I'm glad that we made it through without any broken windows or bones. And, I have now taken precautions to never let that happen again. :)
Our Christmas tree...the next morning after I recovered from the night before. 
With our husbands hunting all weekend, it was a perfect excuse for Dana and I to get Graham and Morley together for a little play date. We met at Zona Rosa so the kids could play at the Grove and then we did a little shopping and had lunch. The kiddos played great together, per usual, and the mommies got a little adult-conversation.


He loves the Christmas lights...so do I, buddy, so do I!

No comments: