Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year

We had a very low-key New Year's Eve...and it was awesome!! We ended up going over to the annual Termini NYE party for a couple hours before heading home to get Graham ready for bed and watch the ball drop from the comfort of our own (AKA - Jeff's) couch. Graham had a blast playing ping pong at Termini's...we literally had to drag the kid away from the table so other people could play (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree :)). When we got home, we cuddled on the couch and just watched television. It was a perfect, relaxing end to another year!
Playing ping pong with Daddy
...and with Andrew
New Year's smooth (well before midnight)
Happy New Year with my fave boys!
2013 was a year of big decisions and scary changes. Nate took a new job last January which, as with any new job, has had it's challenges. I spent most of the year looking for the perfect new job so our family could move back to Kansas City. After eight months, I finally found the one that felt right. It was a tough decision but I followed my gut...and my gut was right because I am so happy! We put our first home - the home we started our family in - on the market...and it sold in five days. We moved to Kansas City and into our friend's home...we have awesome friends. I started a new job for the first time in five years...never easy. We decided to build our next home and got that process underway. The year has had it's ups and downs, but thankfully mostly ups. It's crazy to think how fast 2013 came and went.

Looking forward to 2014, there are so many things that I am excited about! First, Nate and I are starting off the year with a trip to Mexico. We will miss our little babe but it will be nice to have a vacay with my hubs...and for Graham to get some extra time with his grandparents in Gallatin. Our home will be finished this spring and we will finally have our own place. Living with Jeff has been awesome but I'm pumped to have a home again! Graham will turn 2 in March. He is learning and growing so much; every day is a new adventure...I'm looking forward to each and every one of them! I'm also excited to continue proving myself and advance at work...and for Nate to do the same. He has worked so hard and has several jobs on the brink; I think it's going to be his year! I pray that we continue to have each other, our health and an abundance of family and friends near us through the new year. With that, what more could we ask for?! Cheers to 2014!

No comments: