Sunday, April 7, 2013

30 Years Old

I had a big birthday this year -- 3-0! I remember when I was in high school thinking that 30 was sssoooooo old...well, now that I'm here, I don't really feel old. Sometimes it's crazy to think that I have a husband, a mortgage and a kid...that I've been out of college for almost eight years...and out of high school for almost 12. But, even with all of the amazing times I've had in my carefree "younger years," I wouldn't trade what I have now for anything. I know how blessed I am and I couldn't be more grateful!

Nate planned a birthday date for me last weekend - he lined up a babysitter, made reservations at Fleming's (one of my fave special occasion spots) and purchased movie tickets. We ended up having to postpone b/c our babysitter had a family emergency so we celebrated this weekend instead. We had a great time enjoying adult conversation where we referred to each other as Nate and Jess instead of Mama and Dada. :) We got to enjoy our food without having to break it up into tiny pieces for the little dude. And, we got to go see a movie which we used to do almost weekly prior to the arrival of our bouncing baby boy. Nate and I don't go on dates very often so we soak it up when the rare occasion comes around. It was a perfect date, and birthday - thanks babe!


No comments: