Sunday, November 27, 2011

Henderson Thanksgiving

Every year we alternate holidays between families...this year we were with the Henderson side for Thanksgiving. We started the long weekend off by baking pumpkin cheesecake (new recipe) on Wednesday night...and thankfully it turned out pretty tasty! Thursday morning we got up and went down to Gallatin for Thanksgiving lunch...delicious does not even begin to explain how awesome the food was. Nate's mom and Grandmas are AMAZING cooks and this weekend was no exception! We had all of the staples - turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, noodles, sweet potatoes, pies...and the list goes on and on. I continued to eat leftovers for dinner that night and then lunch and dinner the next day b/c I just couldn't get enough.

Besides all of the eating that took place, we spent the rest of our time in Gallatin with family. It was great to just spend time talking and enjoying each others company. And, on Friday we also got to do one of my favorite fall/winter activities...pumpkin shooting! I can't say I share the same passion for hunting as my husband, but I do love firing guns at pumpkins.



With having a four-day weekend, Nate and I decided to head home on Saturday afternoon so we could spend a day at home unpacking, doing laundry and a little Christmas shopping. It was a relaxing way to end a great weekend!

In closing, this Thanksgiving Nate and I have so much to be thankful for. We have loving and supportive families; we have a great group of close friends; we have a home, food and good jobs; we have our faith; we have our health; we have each other and we have a precious little baby on the way! I'm not sure life could get much better than it is right now...we are truly blessed!

No comments: